- 4 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice deli ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, water and pepper until blended; stir in ham, green pepper and onion. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg white mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As egg whites set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked egg flow underneath.
- When no liquid egg remains, sprinkle goat cheese on one side. Fold omelet in half; slide onto a plate. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forGoat Cheese & Ham Omelet
"awesome, swapped out red pepper for the green and used chopped green onions, very versatile!"
"This recipe is perfect, I made it for my dinner as I am on a low fat hi protein diet, delicious, creamy w the goat cheese, the ham adds flavor plus I added a pinch of cayenne, will make again!"