- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CRUMB TOPPING: :
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the bananas, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forGo Bananas Crumb Bread
"Mine just didn't turn out to my liking. Followed the recipe as it is. Cooked an hour because it was raw in the middle at 50-53 minutes. It was a bit dry, but maybe I had to take it out when it was still semi raw?? I don't know, but the topping tasted like a strange sugar brittle to me..not a crumble. I wouldn't say it's bad...just different than any banana bread I've ever had before."
"I really wanted this recipe to be amazing. I've made it twice hoping to have a different result, but both times, it's turned out that the middle is not cooked. The crumble top ends up tasting a little burnt and keeps the dough from cooking all the way through:("
"This was a hit!!!! I used half flour and half gluten free flour. I did add pecans. The bread was so moist and delicious. I am going to make again with all gluten free flour."
"Excellent recipe - a big hit with co-workers easy to make and great to transport."