Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in rhubarb; pour over warm crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 142 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Go Anywhere Rhubarb Squares
"I doubled the recipe in a 10 x 15 pan (as a previous reviewer suggested) to serve at a party. It was barely touched. The guests said they didn't try it because they weren't sure what it was. Once I told them it was rhubarb then they tried it and liked it. They said the flavor was really good but the appearance wasn't. My brother suggested adding raspberries for taste and color. We have our own raspberry patch so I will definitely try that when they are in season. Maybe I'll put some type of crumble or topping on it. Also we think they were better after refrigerating."
"This was great. I made the crust with honey and coconut oil. The filling I left the same except for honey in place of the sugar. We really enjoyed it. I will be making this again."
"These are so easy and delicious. I use a 9x9 pan. I usually serve it with some whipped cream."
"I have made this a few times and am about to make it again for Resurrection Sunday. I use soft white whole wheat and softened coconut oil (a bit less than the butter) in the crust and will reduce the sugar in the topping. We are die hard rhubarb fans and most people up here say, "Wonderful, but use less sugar next time.""
"Deliciouse! Fast and simple to make. As my husband said "Tastes like more ""
"So easy & so yummy!~ Theresa"
"So easy and so yummy!"
"I made these for the first time to take to a church social - not one was left! And people were asking for the recipe. A definite hit."