Gluten-Free Snack Mix
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Koala Crisp cereal
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cherries
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large ungreased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, cereal and cherries. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add honey and cinnamon; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 110 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 30, 2011
My daughter loved this. She has severe food allergies, including wheat and dairy, so I substituted the butter with dairy free (vegan) buttery stick. I also used corn chex, raisins, GF pretzels in addition to the popcorn. I ended up baking it for 12 min rather than 15 since I started to smell the honey burning. Great snack and better than the store bought Chex mix. Will definitely make it again.
Jan 4, 2010
I loved this recipe, but I couldn't find Koala Crisp cereal. So I substituted Rice Chex. I was making this for gf friends, but I loved it! Super easy and delicious!
Jan 4, 2010
I loved this recipe, but I couldn't find Koala Crisp cereal. So I substituted Rice Chex. I was maing this for gf friends, but I loved it! Super easy and delicious!
Aug 28, 2009
To give it a chunch add some nuts either pecans or almonds too.
Aug 27, 2008
Wow!!! I can't wait to try this. It sounds gr8!!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.