Gluten-Free Skillet Pasta
This is always a good recipe to make when short on time. Lovely herb accents enhance this easy stovetop spaghetti. —Marv Salter, West Hills, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces uncooked gluten-free spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the broth, water, tomato paste, seasonings and spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 412 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Spaghetti Cooked in One Pot in Quick & Light Bookazine 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.