Gluten-Free Rhubarb Bars
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs and milk just until moistened. Press onto the bottom of a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with rhubarb; sprinkle with gelatin.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 bar: 116 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 13, 2016
Jul 10, 2016
I haven't made this yet but would like to know if I need to add xanthan gum to my all purpose gluten free flour (which doesn't contain xanthan gum).
Jun 3, 2016
Turned out wonderful!!! used a GF 1 to 1 flour. I didn't have enough rhubarb so i added about 1&1/2 cups of a mix of blueberries and strawberries. Will be making again.
Jun 24, 2014
I made this for our church social hour. Came home with only crumbs. Tasted like a strawberry rhubarb pie. Will definitely make this again.
Jun 9, 2014
Thank you, thank you for this gluten free recipe. Will be making this for Father's Day. Sounds quite yummy.
Jul 3, 2013
Took these bars to a potluck and came home with compliments and an empty pan. Gluten free eaters really appreciated the new recipe.
Jun 17, 2013
Wonderful recipe! We made this for company this weekend and these turned out beautifully. Very easy to make; straightforward directions.
Will definitely make again. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Jun 8, 2013
Awesome taste !
Dec 31, 1969
As long as you're not trying to eat gluten-free, I see no reason you can't use all-purpose flour.
Apr 20, 2012
I would like to try this recipe but I do not have gluten-free flour. Are there alternatives I can use or can I use all purpose flour?