Gluten-Free Quick Turkey Spaghetti
My family never tires of this versatile entree. We have it once a week! I sometimes omit the turkey for a meatless meal, change up the veggies or use my own tomato sauce. —Mary Lou Moeller, Wooster, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 ounces uncooked gluten-free spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, pepper, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, spaghetti, water and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without cheese): 361 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Easy Skillet Spaghetti Deluxe in Healthy Recipes 2014