My family never tires of this versatile entree. We have it once a week! I sometimes omit the turkey for a meatless meal, change up the veggies or use my own tomato sauce. —Mary Lou Moeller, Wooster, Ohio
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 ounces uncooked gluten-free spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, pepper, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, spaghetti, water and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Spaghetti in Healthy Recipes 2014, p33