Gluten-Free Kahlua Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup gluten-free cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, melted
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, Kahlua and gelatin mixture until blended. Gently fold in whipped topping; pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 217 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2012
I made this for New Year's Eve and it was a hit! The one mistake I made when making this was I added about a 1/2 cup more of the gluten-free cornflakes. It was too much and took away from the rest of the flavors. The texture was too rubbery with the excess cornflakes.
Oct 14, 2011
It was too sweet and I did not like the taste of the Coffee Liqueur.
Oct 9, 2011
Okay, this may be gluten-free -BUT- look at the high calories and carbs!!
Oct 4, 2011
Just a note to Tonah: Since the recipe calls for Coffee liqueur, I would not use fruit juice, the acids of the juice will probably change the consistancy of the recipe. Your best bet would be to try a Chocolate Liqueur or a hazelnut liqueur.
Oct 4, 2011
I have not made this yet but just wanted to say thanks for including a gluten free dessert!!
Oct 3, 2011
I just got this recipe so haven't tried it. It sounds good, but we don't like coffee. So, what can you replace that with - maybe fruit juice or what?
Jul 29, 2011
Very easy to make and was a hit at the office! If you didn't want to make it for a Gluten-Free recipe, you could use a graham cracker crust instead.