Gluten-Free Gingerbread Loaves
I only cook and bake gluten-free foods, and when I give these molasses-spiked loaves to friends, no one can taste the difference. —Erin Mendelssohn, La Quinta, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes3 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine molasses and boiling water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Gradually add molasses mixture. Combine the flour, xanthan gum, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Transfer to three 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.