After I got married, my aunt gave me her recipe for skillet spaghetti and told me it was ideal for a quick weeknight meal. Over the years I’ve tinkered with the ingredients and played with the seasonings to make it healthier. It's a dish my family truly loves. —Kristen Killian, Depew, New York
Featured In: Top 10 Gluten-Free Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked gluten-free spiral pasta
- Chopped tomatoes and minced fresh oregano, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Add tomato juice, water, tomato paste and sugar to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-22 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. If desired, top with tomatoes and oregano. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili Beef Pasta in Healthy Recipes 2014, p17
Reviews forGluten-Free Chili Beef Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2016
"This was pretty good, might use V8 next time or maybe even spicy V8 for some added zip! Paired this with some corn muffins and had shredded cheddar with diced tomatoes and avocado :)"