- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, pie spice and salt. Stir in the milk, apple and butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain raisins; stir into oat mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGluten-Free Baked Oatmeal
"I followed the recipe but lacks flavor, and nothing to hold it together. Needs more salt or sweet or something. Won't be making it again. Not into gluten free but maybe everyone who is, is used to something like this."
"This is so delicious!!! I substituted splenda brown sugar blend for the brown sugar, and used 3/4s cup raisins. I am gonna start making this all the time! YUM!"
"I was very happy to find this recipe which is gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free when I used rice milk. This recipe was good, but not sweet enough for us, so we sprinkled some brown sugar on top and then we really enjoyed it. Next time I make it, I will add more brown sugar and maybe add some cinnamon too. Thanks for sharing Jennifer!!"
"A little skeptical at first. I cut into pieces then froze. I take out one piece at a time, thaw in microwave, crumble in a bowl then add some almond milk, a drizzle of maple syrup and heat for 1 minute. Absolutely delicious. 100% better than cooked oatmeal in a bowl. I used regular oats since I do not have a problem with gluten and substituted sliced almonds for the walnuts."
"I added dried cranberries instead of raisins. It was really good!"
"Very good. My husband added milk when we had it and said it really added to it. My kids and I had it sans milk and thought it was amazing too! The pumpkin pie spice adds a nice flavor that is really complimented by the apples and raisins! Definitely a do-over meal for us!!"