- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, beat the syrup, oil, water and extract until well blended. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into syrup mixture until blended. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forGluten-Free Almond Crispies
"Very good. Love the almond flavor. Will be making again soon!"
"These cookies are AMAZING!!!! I made these for a friend who has a gluten intolerance and I am definitely making them again for myself!!!!"
"I cooked these for 10 minutes. They have a delightful chewiness to them. The almond extract added such a nice flavor too. Delicious!"
"This is an easy recipe to make and my family loved it. The cookies are very crunchy and not so sugary sweet. I will definitely make it again. I have sent this recipe to all my family members you cannot have gluten."
"This was my first attempt at a gluten-free recipe. Total success! I love these cookies!"