Glittered Snowflake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Edible glitter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. snowflake cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with edible glitter. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteEdible glitter is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 5, 2012
Yet another recipe for Glittered Snowflake Cookies. This time you drizzle melted white chocolate freehand over each cookie, then sprinkle with edible glitter. Buy your supplies from wilton.com! Prepare yourself to be pleased, with the chocolate & glitter upon these cookies. Even though the instructions do not tell you to 'cut' a hole in each cookie, to thread a piece of ribbon through to hang as decorations on your trees, wreaths, garlands, etc. Remember to remove any ribbon a child might harvest with his or her cookie. You do not wish to have the child choke upon the ribbon. Get all your necessary supplies from wilton.com. Their catalog is always full of more cutters, pans, icing, colors, edible glitter. etc. You will never be dissapointed by wilton! Enjoy!