Glazed Strawberry Sundaes
I have had a lifelong affinity for anything strawberry. This recipe came from a friend many years ago, but I adapted it to suit our particular tastes. It's quick and easy to prepare but is an impressive dessert to serve company. For variety, I've also used fresh peaches or nectarines. -Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir strawberries in butter for 1 minute. Add sugar, lime zest and orange extract. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Strawberry Sundaes in Reminisce Extra June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.