Glazed Strawberry Sundaes
I have had a lifelong affinity for anything strawberry. This recipe came from a friend many years ago, but I adapted it to suit our particular tastes. It's quick and easy to prepare but is an impressive dessert to serve company. For variety, I've also used fresh peaches or nectarines. -Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir strawberries in butter for 1 minute. Add sugar, lime zest and orange extract. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Strawberry Sundaes in Reminisce Extra June 2001