- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons spiced rum
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 9x5-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in rum and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, water and rum. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; drizzle over warm cakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).
Reviews forGlazed Spiced Rum Pound Cakes
"To corkyy11 - You can purchase Spiced Rum like Captain Morgan at your local liquor store."
"Question: What is spice rum? Never heard of it. Hope to receive a response. Thanks.."