"My husband and I are watching our fat intake, so I came up with this recipe that's a great side dish with pork," reports Mary Jo Duckworth from Denver, Colorado. "It was a real success."
Recommended: 40 Slow Cooker Recipes Starring Fall's Best Produce
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet cream soda
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 large apples, peeled and sliced
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the soda, honey, apple pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring after each minute.
- Place apples in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; pour sauce over apples. Cover and cook on high for 5-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, 5-1/2 to 8 minutes longer or until apples are tender; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Spiced Apples in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p15
Reviews forGlazed Spiced Apples
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
"This recipe was delicious! I didn't have diet cream soda so I substituted diet root beer and it was great. Will definitely make this again."