Glazed Shrimp & Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2- to 3-in. lengths
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and honey until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 teaspoon peanut oil and the sesame oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry asparagus in remaining peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and sesame seeds; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup pasta: 386 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 3, 2010
This was excellant. Full of flavor and a big hit with our family.
Feb 27, 2010
This receipe was very good and very easy to make. I think there is an error in the ingredients. In the directions it says "stir fry shrimp in 1 teaspoon of peanut oil". I think the 3 tsps. of seasame oil should have been peanut oil. But since I didn't have peanut oil, I used olive oil and I didn't use the gingerroot. It was quick to make which I love. I would double or even triple the sauce, since it is so good and the pasta seemed to soak it up.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.