Glazed Shrimp & Asparagus For 2
With its spicy, Asian flavor, this shrimp and asparagus combo is excellent for a special occasion or a quick-fix weeknight dinner. -Joan Duckworth, Lee's Summit, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2- to 3-in. lengths
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and honey until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil and the sesame oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry asparagus in remaining peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and sesame seeds; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 386 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Honey Glazed Shrimp and Asparagus in Taste of Home October/November 2009