Glazed Shrimp & Asparagus For 2 Recipe
With its spicy, Asian flavor, this shrimp and asparagus combo is excellent for a special occasion or a quick-fix weeknight dinner. -Joan Duckworth, Lee's Summit, Missouri
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2- to 3-in. lengths
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and honey until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil and the sesame oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry asparagus in remaining peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and sesame seeds; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 386 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Shrimp & Asparagus For 2
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC