Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, molasses, garlic and lemon peel; reserve half of the mixture for serving.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the hear for 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with molasses mixture. Serve with reserved molasses mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 583 calories, 43g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Salmon
"Salmon with a tasty glaze is our favorite way to eat salmon. Rice and steamed veggies makes an excellent dinner."
"This recipe makes a great 2-hour marinade (basting doesn't add enough flavor but it is too strong to use at the table).Thanks for posting this Naomi!"
"I'm not a big fan of fish, but my husband is so I make an effort to find recipes to cook we can both like and he absolutely loved it!"
"I made this recipe this weekend and it was great. I served it with the Greek Orzo salad in the same issue."
"Very tasty and sweet even off the grill."
"My kids and I thought this was the worst recipe for Salmon I have ever made. The molasses burned and there was NO taste. It was very heavy and oily with the olive oil.I will not make this again."
"This recipe was surprisingly easy. It was too cold and wet to grill outside so we broiled the salmon without basting it and it still turned out excellent. My husband, who does not like salmon, actually went back for seconds!"
"This recipe was very easy to whip together, but I did make a few changes. The molasses was very overpowering and "bitter" in the glaze, so I added a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar to sweeten it up a bit. Also as I was cooking I added more garlic powder on top. I didn't have access to a grill in the middle of winter, but it does cook fast and so moist just in a saute pan. Delicious!"
"My husband is not a big fan of salmon, but he loved this recipe. It was also a hit with my teenage son. I will be making this again."