Glazed Salmon Salad
Honey and smoked paprika lend delightful flavors and a bright color to this beautiful dish. It’s special feeling, but quick enough for weeknights, too. —Elizabeth Dehart, West Jordan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place salmon in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, paprika, honey, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; brush over salmon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut salmon into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, carrot and onion. Divide among four serving plates; top with salmon. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, shallot and mustard; drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Smoked Paprika Salmon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011