For a change of pace, I'll serve this special pork roast at holiday gatherings. It's a welcome break from traditional turkey or ham, and when dressed with an herb infused glaze featuring rosemary, thyme and sage, its flavor is unbeatable. —Joyce Manier, Beech Grove, Indiana
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Healthy Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in butter and oil on all sides. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Add onion to the same skillet; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, herbs, orange peel, pepper and salt. Spread over pork. Combine jam and orange juice; pour over top. Add bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Rosemary Pork Roast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p18