Glazed Rosemary Pork Roast
For a change of pace, I'll serve this special pork roast at holiday gatherings. It's a welcome break from traditional turkey or ham, and when dressed with an herb infused glaze featuring rosemary, thyme and sage, its flavor is unbeatable. —Joyce Manier, Beech Grove, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in butter and oil on all sides. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Add onion to the same skillet; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, herbs, orange zest, pepper and salt. Spread over pork. Combine jam and orange juice; pour over top. Add bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked pork: 314 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Rosemary Pork Roast in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.