Glazed Raisin Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1. Place raisins in a bowl; cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid; set raisins and liquid aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved raisin liquid. Fold in raisins. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Pour over warm cake and spread evenly. Cool before cutting. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 250 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Raisin Sheet Cake
"This is easy to make, makes a lot and my kids don't even mind the raisins."