Glazed Raisin Sheet Cake
This dessert is full of plump raisins and cinnamon. I like it because it's quick and easy to make.—Betty Bonker, Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Place raisins in a bowl; cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid; set raisins and liquid aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved raisin liquid. Fold in raisins. Pour into a greased 15x10x -in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Pour over warm cake and spread evenly. Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 250 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Raisin Sheet Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.