Glazed Pork with Strawberry Couscous
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil; set aside. Combine the marjoram, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Combine jam and 1/4 cup orange juice; brush half over pork. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting with remaining jam mixture every 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; stir in the strawberries, mint, orange zest and remaining orange juice. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 383 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 5, 2011
Wow! This was awesome! Even my picky 6 yo liked it. Infact, she informs me that she wants some for breakfast. I modified this recipe by adding 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper to the pepper for the rub and 2 tsp. kosher salt instead of regular salt. I used a 3 pound loin roast. For the basting sauce I used straight orange juice concentrate and instead of strawberry jam, I used apricot. I used all of that on the meat. We didn't have couscous and instead served it with brown rice. I will definitely be making this again and with a bigger roast! ;o)
Jun 4, 2011
I am a professional cook on the look out for special meals to prepare for special guests. I have found a great one in this recipe. Received raves thank you for helping me please a difficult group!!
Jun 2, 2010
Awesome recipe!!! I used bonless and only about 1.5 lbs because I didn't have that many people to feed. Kept all the other proportions the same and it was great!