Glazed Pork Tenderloin
I like to serve this tenderloin for Christmas and other special occasions. It's impressive yet easy to make.—Nancy Rollag, Kewaskum, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the jelly and horseradish. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until jelly is melted; stir until smooth.
- Place the tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with half of the jelly mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Turn the meat over; brush with the remaining jelly mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove the meat and keep warm.
- Add broth and grape juice to roasting pan; stir to loosen browned bits. Transfer to a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Strain sauce; add salt and pepper. Slice pork; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 141 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Pork Tenderloin in Country Woman November/December 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.