Glazed Pork Medallions
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cut pork into 1-in. slices and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt. Cook pork in batches over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray until tender. Reduce heat to low; return all meat to the pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over pork and turn to coat. Heat through.
4 ounce-weight: 200 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jun 23, 2019My family enjoyed this entree. Served with steamed broccoli as pictured in my book and baked potatoes. Sauce would be good on chicken.
Dec 2, 2013
This recipe was delicious!! The sauce from the pork goes great over rice. I did change it a bit and used peach perseveres instead of orange, but I will make this again and again.
Dec 15, 2012
This was very easy to make and quite tasty.
Mar 5, 2012
This was delicious. I served it over white rice with fresh pineapple on the side. By the way; in response to the person concerned about the cost of the fresh gingerroot. I paid 94 cents for two fairly large pieces.
Nov 18, 2009
You can freeze the fresh ginger. Just wrap well and place in a plastic bag then peel and grate just what you need while frozen and return remaining ginger to the freezer. I always keep a little bagged piece of ginger in the freezer and use it whenever a recipe calls for ground ginger. You will not believe the difference it will make in your pumpkin pie!
Nov 18, 2009
1/16 tsp ground for 1/2 tsp fresh...however it tastes slightly different. If you pick through the ginger at the market you can usually find a knob that's fallen off another piece. Look for a one inch piece; easier to peel and then use a grater instead of mincing (faster, easier). Gingerroot is so lightweight I think you'll be surprised at the low cost when it's all said and done.
Nov 18, 2009
I would like to try this recipe, but I wonder if there is any way to sub for ground ginger. Seems expensive to buy the amount you must buy when you will use so little. Anybody know the answer?
Nov 15, 2009
This is a quick and easy way to make delicious pork chops. I will definitely be making it again.