If you need an elegant entree to serve a crowd, you can't go wrong with crown roast of pork. An easy glaze enhances every bite.—Rita Kitsteiner, Tucson, Arizona
Recommended: 35 Easter Dinners That Aren’t a Big Hunk of Ham
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork crown roast (16 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam is melted; brush over roast. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil; loosely cover entire roast with foil.
- Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Pork Crown Roast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p146
Reviews forGlazed Pork Crown Roast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2011
"Melts in your mouth and everyone was impressed with how much "work" this must have been."