Glazed Pineapple Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice for glaze. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, lemon juice and butter. Combine the sugar, flour and salt. Add to the pineapple mixture; toss gently to coat and set aside.
- Line a 9-in. pie pan with the bottom pastry. Sprinkle with coconut. Spread pineapple mixture over coconut. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Spread over the top of warm pie. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 480 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 15, 2014
This pie is awesome. I have never made it that it wasn't devoured and I have nothing but an empty pie plate. So easy to make
Feb 19, 2013
I have made this pie several times. It is easy & turns out great every time. Yummy!
May 26, 2009
This is the very best pineapple pie every. Easy & delicious!!! My boyfriend didn't let one piece go to waste. Thank you for my new favorite pie recipe. I'm just waiting for a family function to share it with everyone.