Glazed Ornament Cookies
A few ingredients and a tube of cookie dough make these luscious treats a breeze to whip up. The beautiful swirled colors will look gorgeous on your holiday cookie tray! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Food coloring of your choice
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. ornament-shaped cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract. Spread over cookies. Immediately place a drop of food coloring on top of each cookie and swirl with a toothpick. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 115 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Swirled Ornament Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011