Glazed Orange Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; stir in orange juice concentrate and brown sugar. Add carrots and parsley; stir to coat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until glaze is thickened.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 132 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2018
I found the orange to be a little too overpowering for the carrots. This is not one of my favorite side dishes.
Mar 27, 2017
These were delicious. We've finally found the recipe a woman at church used to use. There were never any left when she brought them to the potluck dinner. They have a hint of sweetness but it's not too sweet.TOH Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 30, 2014
Made this recipe as part of our Easter dinner. Looked so pretty! Would cut the amount of orange juice a bit next time.
Apr 21, 2014
My husband loved it! We had it for Easter Dinner, with pork, broccoli & rice pilaf!
Apr 21, 2014
It was good recipe, I love cooked carrots but I've had way better.
Apr 8, 2014
These are very tasty and good for you too!!!!
Apr 6, 2014
It seems there are so many versions of this carrot dish out there. If you want to add an extra bit of sweetness, I think a really good maple syrup drizzled over the tops of the cooked carrots would really coax out even more of the sweet flavor of the carrots.
Apr 16, 2013
Not as good as the glazed ones
Apr 1, 2013
My entire family went crazy for this recipe when I made it for Easter! It is so delicious!
May 30, 2012
We did not like those flavors together.