Glazed Mint Brownies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate on high until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Whisk in sugar until blended. Whisk in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat filling ingredients until blended; spread over brownies. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 234 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 21, 2016
Easy to put together and yummy. My husband said they tasted like a peppermint patty. I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan.
Dec 5, 2011
I made these for a family Christmas party and they disappeared quickly! Takes an ordinary brownie and makes it fabulous. Will make again?soon!
Mar 14, 2010
This recipe is out of this world! I had so many compliments. I will make these again!
Dec 2, 2009
I took these to work and my boss wants to make them also,said they are the best he has ever had.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.