Glazed Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 10-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 3-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 14 large eggs
- 10-1/2 cups whole milk or tomato juice
- 21 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- In several large bowls, combine the oats, salt, pepper, onion, eggs and milk or tomato juice. Sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into loaves of desired size and place in shallow baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the glaze ingredients; spread evenly over tops of loaves. Bake for about 1 hour more or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. (Two-pound loaves will need to bake for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.)
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 257 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2011
Yes, that could have something to do with it. LOL
Jan 2, 2011
I think it has 14 eggs in it cause it's made to feed 100 people. The glaze can be made in smaller amounts...it's AWESOME on meat loaf!! :)
Sep 10, 2010
Are there really FOURTEEN eggs in the recipe?