Glazed Macadamia Nuts
I came across this recipe years ago, and it's been a hit ever since. Family and friends can't stop nibbling on the sweet coated nuts.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spread macadamia nuts in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 6 tablespoons sugar, corn syrup, oil and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Pour over nuts; stir to coat. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; toss to coat. Spread on foil to cool. Break apart and store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 191 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Macadamia Nuts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006