Glazed Lemon Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside. For muffins, cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, sour cream, lemon juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 441 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Muffins
"Very lemoney and delicious, however it made way more then the recipe says. I used regular sized muffin tins.. two. I still had enough to make six more plus one dozen mini muffins..The struesle topping is way too much. I saved the rest in the frig. for another time.I didn't make the glaze. I didn't feel it needed it with the struesle topping.. All in all, the were wonderful tasteing."
"These are delicious! My toddlers & husband devoured them. I halved the recipe & used a mini muffin tin - and the batter made 48 mini muffins. I only made 1/3 of the crumb topping, and that was more than enough. I also substituted 6 oz of fairly thick strawberry yogurt instead of the sour cream. Like I said - delicious!"
"My family absolutely loves these moist, lemony muffins -- they are my 15 year old son's favorite Sunday morning breakfast."