Glazed Lemon Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice and zest. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 441 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 24, 2012
Very lemoney and delicious, however it made way more then the recipe says. I used regular sized muffin tins.. two. I still had enough to make six more plus one dozen mini muffins..The struesle topping is way too much. I saved the rest in the frig. for another time.I didn't make the glaze. I didn't feel it needed it with the struesle topping.. All in all, the were wonderful tasteing.
Feb 9, 2012
These are delicious! My toddlers & husband devoured them. I halved the recipe & used a mini muffin tin - and the batter made 48 mini muffins. I only made 1/3 of the crumb topping, and that was more than enough. I also substituted 6 oz of fairly thick strawberry yogurt instead of the sour cream. Like I said - delicious!
Jul 7, 2010
My family absolutely loves these moist, lemony muffins -- they are my 15 year old son's favorite Sunday morning breakfast.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.