- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forGlazed Lemon Muffins
"Very lemoney and delicious, however it made way more then the recipe says. I used regular sized muffin tins.. two. I still had enough to make six more plus one dozen mini muffins..The struesle topping is way too much. I saved the rest in the frig. for another time.I didn't make the glaze. I didn't feel it needed it with the struesle topping.. All in all, the were wonderful tasteing."
"These are delicious! My toddlers & husband devoured them. I halved the recipe & used a mini muffin tin - and the batter made 48 mini muffins. I only made 1/3 of the crumb topping, and that was more than enough. I also substituted 6 oz of fairly thick strawberry yogurt instead of the sour cream. Like I said - delicious!"
"My family absolutely loves these moist, lemony muffins -- they are my 15 year old son's favorite Sunday morning breakfast."