- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forGlazed Lemon Bundt Cake
"First time trying this simple but easy to follow recipe! I made this cake this morning without the icing,(it's really awsome with no icing) and the cake is super moist and fluffy has a nice crunchy top and it was just amazing! I will be putting this one in my personal at home book of recipes! Just the perfect amount of lemon flavor not too much but just perfect. Thank you For sharing this one! I have made another online lemon cake and it wasn't this good too lemony. But this was perfect. Must have this again!"
"I made this recipe for my grandson's birthday and he went crazy for it. He's always loved lemon ever since he was a baby and this was a huge hit with him. As MelissaLovesCoffee mentioned below, I also made this with Earth Balance dairy free margarine and almond milk and it worked perfectly."
"Great recipes, however the two of sugar barely made it sweet. I wasn't able to taste the lemon flavor with 11/2 tsp of lemon extract and the lemon peel. But cake is very moist and fluffy"
"I made it dairy free by using Earth Balance instead of butter and vanilla non-dairy milk instead of milk. Such a delicious cake! It was tender, moist, and had just the perfect amount of lemon."
"Yummy lemon flavor. Made for a girl's brunch - PERFECT.To vah4bm: you didn't follow the recipe to a "T", as you stated, if you used skim milk instead of 2%. Also, the recipe directions say to beat in extracts ( with an "s") which would include the vanilla extract. Hmmmm, perhaps your cake didn't turn out because you didn't follow directions . . ."
"It looks great, my favorite recipe now, love it !!"
"I made this for my moms birthday and everyone who ate it loved it. It didn't last for more than a day"
"Very good recipe. This makes a nice big,tall cake. It tastes delicious! I sometime add coconut to the batter for additional taste and texture."