- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, lemon juice and peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined regular-size muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, butter and vanilla; drizzle over warm muffins.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 11 muffins.
Reviews forGlazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins
"A great blueberry muffin recipe! I made the recipe exactly as written and the batter produced 18 regular sized muffins. These treats are light and luscious and packed with blueberries. Don't skip the glaze......it's sweet and lemony and really brings everything together. Perfect for breakfast or snacks. We loved them!!Volunteer Field Editor"
"Don't skip the glaze; it makes them extra special. It adds more than sweetness; gives them some real zing."
"Very good. I use fresh blueberries."
"These are really good. I especially liked how the tops became a little crunchy. The batter was really thick, almost a cookie dough consistency, but they turned out fine. I didn't use the glaze, since I'm trying to cut down on sugar. I got 18 regular sized muffins from the batch."
"Really tasty! I cut the recipe in half and still have enough batter for 10 muffins!"
"I made these with fresh blueberries from the farmers market. I thought they were just okay. Disappointed..."
"Great flavor with the blueberries and lemon.."
"Beautiful muffins! Everyone loved these! Use fresh blueberries.....so good!!!"
"These muffins are wonderful. I made them exactly as the recipe is written, using fresh berries. The texture is delicate, much finer than a packaged mix. The muffins are good without the glaze but they are amazing with the glaze. I will definitely make these again."
"So good! I cut the amount of glaze in half and found that it needed a lot of water to be thin enough to drizzle, but altogether it came out great! Definitely will be making again!"