Glazed Holiday Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1 pork rib roast (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup dried fruit bits, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Make 15-20 slits, about 1 to 1-1/2 in. deep, in the roast; place some fruit in each slit. In a small bowl, combine the water, honey, soup mix, ketchup, lemon juice, peel and remaining fruit.
- Place roast fat side up in a roasting pan. Pour fruit mixture over the top. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Dec 21, 2010
Photo looks like a pork loin, however I made it with the pork rib roast. My family was impressed. It was fall apart tender with an amazing taste.
Jan 8, 2010
We had the best food for Christmas dinner, but no one could stop talking about this pork. My brother-n-law said it was the best meat he had ever tasted. Two thumbs WAY UP!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.