“I took a class at a local junior college on cooking for singles,” shares Eloise Smith from Willowbrook, Illinois. “This recipe is the perfect size, and I can reheat the second serving for lunch the next day.”
Recommended: 60 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (about 8 ounces)
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine jam and mustard. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-30 seconds or until jam is melted; stir until blended. Set aside.
- Place ham steak in an ovenproof skillet. Arrange sweet potatoes and peaches around ham. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn ham, peaches and potatoes. Brush ham with jam mixture; drizzle peaches and potatoes with remaining syrup. Broil 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Ham with Sweet Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p51