- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, mix the orange juice, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the fruit in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with orange juice mixture; toss gently to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forGlazed Fruit Medley
"Very good one"
"Very good recipe"
"I thought this was okay, but not great. Too sweet for my taste and I only used about half of the glaze with almost double the fruit. I think I would have just preferred the fruit alone and undressed."
"The glaze is really good but too sweet. I would put in half the sugar. It makes a very large amount so I would cut it in half next time and reduce the sugar."
"This is so refreshing! A wonderful fresh accompaniment to any menu."
"Excellent recipe. Don't expect the glaze to thicken like pudding, it will get thicker you can feel it when you stir. I used premaid (non pulp) orange juice and used 1/4 cup of sugar because the premaid orange juice was already sweet. It turned out great!!"
"The fruit salad is good, but it does make way too much glaze and also the amount of sugar in the glaze needs to be reduced because orange juice is already sweet."
"This is an AWSOME summer refeshing sidedish!! My family can not get enough. It's easy to make and great for potlucks!! I add catalope and every other fruit that's in season.....It's a must have in the ol' recipie file;)"
"I have made this several times and only use about 1/4 of the glaze and substituted cantaloupe for honeydew, delicious!"
"The taste was excellent, but I will make some changes if I use this recipe again. There was about twice as much glaze as necessary for the amount of fruit listed, and it was a little runny even though I patted the moisture from the fruit before adding the glaze, so I would probably cut sugar and orange juice amounts in half. I would love to try this with tropical fruit instead."