- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, pie spice, baking powder and salt. In another large bowl, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 servings each).
Reviews forGlazed Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread
"This is one of the best quick breads ever. I had a left over large sweet potato, a cup of fresh grated cranberries and some pumpkin I wanted to use, and this recipe came up in my search. So I substituted the fresh cranberries for the canned cranberry sauce and increased the sugar to 3 cups. I substituted walnuts for pecans, and put a little of the pumpkin in because I didn't have quite enough sweet potato. Also I did not have pumpkin pie spice, so I put in 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp each ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. One other substitution, because my daughter can't eat wheat--I used Pamela's baking mix instead of flour. I also baked it in a bundt pan instead of the 2 loaf pans.The cake (and it really is a cake--very sweet) came out beautifully in the bundt pan. I cooled it for 20 minutes on a cooling rack, and then it dropped out perfectly. It was a beautiful brown color. Instead of the glaze, we had a little cream cheese frosting left over, so we heated that a little and then dribbled it over the cake. It was the perfect flavor for this recipe. The crust was wonderfully chewy, almost like a brownie, and the inside was moist, rich, and flavorful.I might add raisins next time, but other than that it was perfect, and it disappeared in two days among 5 adults."