Glazed Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, pumpkin, pecans, oil and eggs; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 198 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 8, 2015
I didn't think there was enough cranberry or pumpkin taste. . I was surprised at the amount of flour that was added. It was moist, but nothing to rave about.
Nov 11, 2013
One word: delicious!
Oct 22, 2013
My Mom made this bread for years and I finally figured out where she got the recipe!! It is delicious....moist and full of flavor.
Nov 15, 2011
This bread was delicious. The only changes I made were, I added a cup of cinnamon chips and divided the recipe into three smaller loaf pans. The flavors were so great! I'm making it again!
Oct 15, 2009
This is the most wonderful cranberry pumpkin bread recipe ever. I have been making it since it first appeared in the Country woman 1998 issue. I get raves every year when I make it as gifts for Christmas. Ü
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.