- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and orange juice. Spoon some of the apricot mixture over the hens. Bake until golden brown and juices run clear, 30-35 minutes, basting several times with remaining apricot mixture. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGlazed Cornish Hens
"I also used orange marmalade on the hens and served with the Apricot Rice Stuffing at Easter dinner. Well received!"
"I didn't have any apricot spreadable jam so I used orange marmalade. It was really good and so easy to fix. My husband enjoyed it. Served it with mac and cheese, mixed vegetables, dressing and Hawaiian rolls."