Glazed Cornish Hen with Rice Pilaf Recipe
This easy but elegant entree makes a lovely centerpiece for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner. The peach-mustard glaze adds a sweet tang to the moist, tender poultry, which is perched on a mound of mildly seasoned pilaf. It's bound to draw praise from your sweetheart!
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash curry powder
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 Cornish game hen (20 ounces), split lengthwise
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the preserves, mustard, horseradish and tarragon. Cook and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted. Carefully loosen skin around hen breast, thighs and drumsticks. Set aside 1/4 cup glaze; spoon remaining glaze under skin.
- 2. Place the rice mixture in two mounds in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; arrange hen halves skin side up over rice. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Warm reserved glaze; brush over hen halves. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 516 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Cornish Hen with Rice Pilaf
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC