Glazed Corned Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds)
- 12 peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sandwich buns
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Place corned beef with seasoning packet in a Dutch oven, cover with water. Add seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 to 4-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Drain, discarding juices; blot brisket dry.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Rub onto top of warm meat. Grill or broil for 5- 10 minutes on each side until glazed. Slice meat and serve warm or chilled on buns.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 13, 2015
Feb 5, 2011
iI have made this many times I Love this sandwich it is sweet & tangy ! It doesn't last long at our house !
Jan 21, 2010
This is the only way my family will let me make corned beef since I found this recipe. I do leave the caraway seeds out of the glaze mixture. We don't care for the flavor of caraway seeds.