Glazed Coconut-Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x5-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, yogurt, apple juice and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lime juice until smooth; spoon over warm bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 193 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2016
This bread is great. I made one without the coconut & one with. I think i like the plain. I used 1/2 stevia 1/2 sugar. I omitted the salt cause I`m really watching the sodium. I didn`t use the glaze. Our guests, Gary & LInda liked it too!
May 24, 2016
Nice makeover! I also made this without the glaze. Thumbs up from all the family!
Feb 5, 2016
This is moist and fabulous! This will be a regular recipe for me. I didn't even put on the glaze. It was delicious without it. I may try the glaze though when I make this recipe using a bundt cake pan.
Sep 11, 2013
Good one second time
Mar 13, 2013
This is an excellent recipe! I used half white and half whole wheat flour and it worked great. I also do not glaze the bread as it is sweet enough without glaze!
Dec 6, 2012
I made it using gluten free flour and it was amazing! The whole family enjoyed it's sweetness, incredible moistness and flavor. It's definitely a keeper!!